Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Drained

Not only is this blog going to house my journaling assignments from therapy, but also the Occasional venting from time to time about things that hurt or things that cause great joys. Today, it is the former rather than the latter.

Many know I have been battling the State of Florida child support system for being incredibly unfair in their practices. The are already taking 50% of my pay, not to mention the $150 a month EXTRA that my son gets, but now the State of Oklahoma is adding fuel to the fire.

I had court today, and was hoping that since my ex has already received so damned much from me, that I would be able to get my license back. No such luck, it seems. Apparently over $10K wasn't enough to satisfy the judge. (That was over 25% of what I owed, for the record.) No, they want me to pay in three months child support. It doesn't matter that I get paid monthly from the US government who is taking out too much already, nor does it matter that the one payment already made was over 4 times what the State of Oklahoma wanted. It wasn't 3 consecutive months, so it doesn't count for shit.

*sighs*

I wish I knew who pissed in the judge's Wheaties today, I'd have a few choice words for them. All I wanted was my license back so I wasn't such a huge burden on my father. All these doctors appointments and errands are running him ragged, its stealing him from me and I don't like it. Me being run ragged? That's fine. I'd do it all if just to save him. I get a day of rest tomorrow, Dad doesn't.

I'm really not sure who needs it more though: me for all the anxieties I've been forced to hide and pretend through, or him for the toll all of this running around is taking on him.

I'm behind on blog posts for my main site, and I beg for everyone's forgiveness for that. Maybe tomorrow I can catch up. Today... My give a damn is busted and I have no clue where the repair man ran off to...

~Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment