Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Thunder

There is just something about the slow roll of thunder through the skies that energizes ad excites me. Not the quick claps and the violent drums, but the gradual thrums that slowly gain in volume, then slowly decrease. The purr or growl, if you will, from the lords and ladies of the sky.

We have storms coming today, which essentially means I'm not going to be online for long. Not a big deal, I have plenty of projects to work on. But the call of thunder beckons me, begs me to listen. Listen I shall, while writing in my journal by the light of the occasional flash of cloud to cloud lightning.

With every purr from the sky comes those beautiful smells of rain. That first smell, the petrichor, speaks of new beginnings. The the damp soil as it begins to rain, the cleansing of the earth. Then the beautiful smell of the flowers and damp grass add in after the rain, the earth dries and sings to the sky gods, a thank you for the drink, the nourishment. The smells wrap around a person, and if that person allows it, transports them to new and magical realms.

If a person closes their eyes during a storm, and just relaxes, new mysteries evolve around them. New sounds, colors, and feelings begin to bloom. One could almost swear the trees are singing a choir of gratefulness.

Dear friends, hope that these storms are the gentle, inspirational kind for me. The weatherman says they COULD be bad. I'm not letting that get to me. I'm going to go sit and enjoy it while I can. Who knows what may come of it?

~Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment